This is the third installment in my “10 Things I Love” series. Like I’ve said in the other posts, the idea comes from the ladies over on A Beautiful Mess. The concept is simple – talk about 10 things that you love. It can be moments, products, a lifestyle change, or pretty much anything else you can think of! I think this idea is super fun for a few reasons. First, I love fostering positivity. It gives me a chance to reflect on my life recently. It also allows me to share products that have been KILLING it lately.
10 Things I Love
- Ummm…shameless self-promo here, but I started an Etsy!! So far, I’ve listed a sticker I’ve created and my custom illustrations. It’s such a relief to have a way for people to pay with credit card while I get everything fully set up with my business, and I wish I would have done it sooner!
- Lush solid perfume in Amelie Mae. I’m a super huge fan of feminine scents, and this is perfect for me! It’s a little rosy, sweet, and lasts for a good while without being overpowering.
- This semester, I’ve been taking a few coding classes. With my professional writing major, I’m on the digital and technical track, which means a whole lot of web development. I thought I would hate it, but it turns out I freaking love it! I can’t wait to share some of my projects once they’re finished!
- I’ve been loving the Nike Training Club app! Well, loving is a bit of an overstatement because it’s a workout app, and as much as I wish I loved working out, it’s not quite in my bones. This app is great though because it creates a workout plan just for you, and adjusts according to your feedback. I always have a hard time sticking to a full workout plan, but this one made it easy for me to keep it up!
- In terms of moments, earlier this week I was having some real struggles with insecurity in various aspects of my college career and future in general. While I think it’s something that’s pretty common for college students who are finding themselves, it doesn’t make it feel any less lonely or scary. However, the next day I received a handful of good news/spirit lifters that are helping me to simply trust in the process and that things will work themselves out in time.
- In a couple of weeks, I’m headed to Los Angeles for a class to tour some different ad agencies. (Super excited, btw!) Anyways, I was getting stressed about not having any weather appropriate business casual attire, and I don’t have a car to get me where I need to be. My wonderful boyfriend Brady was so patient and took me where I needed to go when he was up for a visit. It’s so simple, but those little acts are so special and helpful!
- About 5 minutes ago, I made this amazing coconut curry recipe. It’s actually vegan, which I didn’t know before I made it, and is every bit as satisfying as a curry with some sort of meat! It’s only 5 ingredients, and isn’t super spicy. I totally recommend 🙂
- Another bit of a self promo – but I listed these stickers on Etsy yesterday, and already sold 25+! Even though it’s just a sticker, it’s still nerve-racking to put yourself out there, and I’m glad it went over well.
- Some Instagram accounts I’ve been loving lately: my girl Taylor @scandalouslyunpunctual (check out her blog! I may or may not have designed the logo), @kaylnnelizabethsmith, & @marcella.draws.
- Lastly, the final season of New Girl is out, and FRIENDS. I freaking love New Girl. I like a lot of shows, but this one may just be my favorite…
& that’s all I’ve got today!
Is there anything in your life that you’ve been loving lately? Let me know!