Ever since some of my very first dentist visits, I was told that my teeth were clean, cavity-free, and that I’d never need braces.
Flash forward to this past year – I came home from the dentist with not one, not two, but EIGHT problem areas since my previous visit. They told me if I wasn’t careful, all of these would turn into cavities and I would have a very sad, painful visit in 6 months.
The culprit? GUMMY. VITAMINS. I started taking them when I went off to college. I wasn’t going to be making my own food for my first year, so it was important to me that I was still getting the nutrition I needed. I would take them as I walked out the door for classes, which gave them a solid 12 hours to sit between my teeth before I brushed again at night. Needless to say, I stopped taking them ASAP.
How I Fixed It
*insert gallery of me making faces at Brady in the mirror while he snaps these photos*
Recently, I revisited the dentist, and all my problem areas were gone and stronger than before! I can credit that to these 4 things:
- I stopped taking my gummy vitamins
- I started regularly flossing
- Anti-cavity mouthwash
- & I upgraded my toothbrush!
The first three are pretty self-explanatory – I got rid of the problem and took preventative measures to make sure they wouldn’t happen again.
Now…let me talk about this toothbrush!!
- The vibration stops briefly every 30 seconds to remind you to move to a different quadrant of your mouth, and ends altogether after 2 minutes. I always knew you should be brushing your teeth for a full two minutes, but CLEARLY I haven’t been! It’s nice to have the built-in time reminder, because I’m not about to set a timer on my phone every single time that I brush.
- It also have 5 different brushing modes – Regular, whitening, gums, massage, and sensitive. I stuck to the sensitive for the first week or so because I’ve never used an electric toothbrush before, but now the regular is just fine! All 5 settings are fab, though!
- I’ve had my toothbrush for 3 weeks, and I STILL have not re-charged it! The battery life is awesome!
- & most importantly, it doesn’t break the bank!
Braces at 20?!
Also…yes. The title is true…my sad soul is getting braces this December 🙁 The gap between my front and bottom teeth has been growing bigger and bigger since starting college, and I have to get it closed up before I can’t bite into anything anymore. I’m getting clear braces (not Invisalign – just not silver metal!), and you have to be super careful with them because if they’re not cleaned enough, they can turn yellow. I’m super glad I grabbed this guy in time!
Actually, I love it so much, I want to give one away to you! You can enter the giveaway simply by filling out this super quick form!
Also, even if you don’t end up winning the giveaway, I have an amazing 20% off discount code for you: “gemmadarr20”!
& that’s all for today! I have a whole queue of posts coming soon when finals are over, so I promise I will be making a return! For now…