Over the past 6 months, my relationship with my hair has been…confusing. I first started by waking up one morning in November, and decided to make my way over to the salon and get 6 inches cut off. Then, over Christmas break, I went from my natural blonde to a deep, dark brown. It faded super quickly, leaving me with this orange mess. I just wanted my hair back to the way it was, so at the end of the school year, I bleached it back to my natural color. In short…my hair is now back to the way it was before all of this, with two exceptions: it’s still a few inches shorter, and now it has a lot more damage.
My natural hair texture can be described in one word: frizzy. It takes a LOT just to make it come down to a manageable state. I wish I could quit using heating tools altogether, but it doesn’t work for me! I have, however, found a few staple products that have been helping me over the past few months to reduce the damage in my hair, and overall just make it look and feel healthier and shinier.
If you’re about shiny and healthy hair (because who isn’t!) I would absolutely recommend these products for you! I use them all regularly, and I’ve noticed a significant difference in the state of my hair.
- Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray. For one, it smells amazing. I’ve been using this on my hair for about 6 years. It helps to reduce damage from hot tools, and makes everything more sleek.
- Maui Moisture Thicken + Restore Shampoo & Conditioner.
- This specific line targets “weak, brittle hair.” They’re made with aloe and bamboo and something that makes them smell AMAZING. I’ve only just started using this line, and I have noticed a difference already in the texture of my hair.
- Along the same lines, the Maui Moisture Blow Out Mist has been a game changer.
- I’ve been looking for a product like this for forever, so when I got it in the mail, I was so excited! You basically spray a bit of this in your hair before blow drying, and it heat protects while also giving some lift!
- I’ve been loving this Oliology Coconut Oil. Coconut oil has SO many benefits for your hair and skin, but when I use it straight up, I feel like it weighs down my hair. This one is super nice, because it is made specifically for your hair, and it’s light! I picked mine up from TJ Maxx.
- Lastly, something I’ve found that works really great in preventing further damage are scrunchies. I’m one of those people who has to put their hair up when I sleep. These are perfect, because I can put my hair up without worrying about any breakage from a rubber-band type ponytail. It also doesn’t make my hair have the “ponytail dent” when I pull it out in the morning, so that’s definitely a plus!
If you have a lot of hair damage like I do, try these products! They work wonders.
I hope these tips helped, and let me know if you end up getting any of these! I would love to hear about it.
P.S. Subscribe below!
Widget not in any sidebars