Not sure if it’s just me, but January flew by crazy fast! It was a whirlwind of a month, and I feel like I haven’t been in one place for more than a week at a time. I tried a lot of new things this month, and since I was traveling, I also figured out a lot of my favorite essentials that I just like to have with me. I thought I would share with you both some of my tangible and intangible favorites from the past 30-ish days, just in case you’re looking for some new things to do or try within the upcoming month of February.
On the list for this month, I have an array of a lot of things: apps, adventures, products, and good reads.
Without further ado…
My January Favorites
- Evernote. I actually have two apps on the list for this month. One of my focuses for January was to use my devices for productivity, not procrastination. I’m actually making a whole post soon on tips for this if you’re interested! Evernote is a great app because it syncs up on all your devices, including your computer. You can make to-do lists, different notebooks, and just keep your life in order.
- Moment. This is the other app I’ve been using constantly. I believe it’s just for iPhone users, and basically what it does is track your phone usage. You keep it running in the background, and it tells you how much time you’ve spent on your phone each day.
- My 28mm lens! Normally, I exclusively stick to my 50mm camera lens. However, I knew I would be in tighter spaces when I was traveling, so I decided to break out a lens I had purchased a long time ago but had never really fallen in love with. It was such a great decision! It made me get out of my creative comfort zone and take new photos that I would otherwise have been restricted from.
- My journal! I got a gorgeous one for Christmas, and it really makes me want to write everything down. If you’re in the search for one, I would honestly just recommend checking out the Barnes and Noble website. It was one of my New Year’s Resolutions to journal more, and I already feel so much lighter.
- Recently on a trip to Detroit with my roommate, Hannah, I picked up these pretty little plants. They were $3 total! I love having them in my dorm room, just to bring some life and color to our small space! (P.S. Detroit trip will be up very soon!)
- In terms of a favorite book, I mentioned this one in my last post. It’s called The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. It has to do with decluttering various aspects of your life, and I thought it was pretty interesting! The author might take it a biiit far, but her methods do seem to work! I’m excited to start working them into my own life.
- Lastly, I’ve just been loving exploring around and spending time with my favorite people! In the last 30 days, I’ve had the opportunity to spend my weekend mornings in coffee shops, walking around greenhouses, going to trampoline parks, visiting friends…and none of it even costs very much money. Staying in and playing cards with the right people has been the perfect way to spend my weekend nights, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything!
I hope your January was amazing, and I hope your February is even better.
Widget not in any sidebars