I’m not sure if it’s a college thing, or an “I’m-just-getting-older” thing, but wow…everything has just been FLYING by lately. And it’s with every aspect of time! The end of the day comes so quickly. I blink on Monday, and suddenly it’s Saturday. The semester is already past halfway done, and October turned into November over the span of approximately 5 minutes. @life…PLS SLOW DOWN.
Somehow though, I’ve magically found/rediscovered some amazing new things over the past five minutes. I’ve included some beauty products (although I went over quite a few in my 6 Favorite Beauty Products for Fall post) some of my staple clothing pieces, and more!
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm. My lips are basically the same shade as my skin, so I like to put a bit of color on them. I picked up this tinted lip balm because I’m gone all day from home, and normally I don’t have a mirror to put on full lipstick. And honestly, it’s a bit much for me just for going to class. This is perfect because it’s super simple to use, and I can layer it on without worrying that it’s way too much!
- These Rifle Paper Company Notebooks. They come in a set of three, and I’m in love! I’ve been a fan of the Rifle Paper Company for a long time – their style is so distinctive + totally up my alley. These notebooks specifically are really nice because they fit into a lot of my bags.
- Mom jeans. I could have denim for DAYS, and it probably wouldn’t be enough! I was loving the look of mom jeans, but the only photos I saw of people wearing them were people with significantly different body types from my own…I’ve got some h i p s. American Eagle has always fit me pretty well, so I decided to go for it…& I’m hooked! If you’ve got a body type similar to mine, check these out! (Plus, they’re on sale right now)
- Popsockets…I know. SO cliche. But, they’re so nice! I just have a plain black one on my black phone case, and I’m always using it. When I’m stopping by the cafeteria to grab lunch in between classes, it’s perfect to prop my phone up so I can watch videos!
- The Shining (Book Version) Lately, I’ve been having a bit of trouble staying asleep. I keep waking up in the middle of the night, and then I can’t fall back asleep! Recently, I’ve been putting down my screen and reading before bed, and I actually think its been helping. If you know me, then you know my favorite genre of anything is horror, so this book is perfect for me. I love the suspense!
- Speaking of suspense…STRANGER THINGS 2. Yes, I know I talked about it in my last blog post, and I also know that everyone and their mother is talking about it, but it’s for a reason! So. Good.
- A few posts back, I was talking about how I wanted to become better at illustration. My favorite medium lately has been gouache! Simply put, it’s a super opaque watercolor. I’ve been loving this set from Winsor & Newton, but before then, I was using the Reeve’s brand. Not as nice to use – but it’s cheaper and does the job 🙂
- Cutting myself a break. Currently, I’m working multiple jobs on top of being a full-time student and other personal projects. It really gets to be exhausting- but I love it. I am, however, trying to learn to give myself a little bit of leeway. Every single minute of every single day doesn’t have to be filled up with work/productivity. Sometimes, it’s just as good for you to put down the extra work and take some time to watch a movie with your roommates, or go to sleep a few hours earlier. Your body and mind will thank you later.
- Statement sweaters. Sweaters are some of my favorite things to wear, and all the funky styles lately are super fun! Here are some that I’ve been eying up:
That’s it for my October favorites! Let me know if you give some of these a try and how you liked them!
Wishing you a wonderful November and a peaceful week 🙂
Widget not in any sidebars