For the last few weeks of the semester, I felt like I was counting down the days until I wasn’t studying for exams. It felt like all my free time was spent doing things for school, and I had no time to work on or plan out my personal goals.
If you know me at all, then you know I am huge into setting goals! I have goals for my career, yearly goals, and basically for every aspect of my life. Setting goals helps me to live purposefully, so I don’t feel like I’m wasting the time I have.
If you’re like me and love to set things to work towards, here are a few of my summer goals to help me have a purposeful summer. Get some ideas for yourself!
My Personal Summer Goals
- Continue working on my portfolio. For the field I’m going into, a strong portfolio is everything. I already have one, but I need to continue building and improving it. This summer is the perfect time to work on building a new portfolio with strong content.
- Stay in shape! Our campus at school was so huge, and I was consistently walking about 15,000 steps a day, no problem. Now, all of my work at home is largely spent at the computer, so I am making it a point to get out and get moving!
- Work on my website and “brand.” Writing on this platform is my favorite creative outlet. I want to use these next few months to refine my branding and create a niche for myself with my blog.
- Find and make apartment decor. I am so excited to have my own room in our apartment this fall! I love to DIY, so I plan on using some of these rainy days to create some decor to make my apartment feel like home.
- Hike!! Marquette has some of the best hiking trails, and I miss them when I’m away at school. I want to take advantage of the hiking trails this summer.
- Learn more of the Adobe Creative Cloud. My graphics courses don’t start until the fall, but I am so anxious to learn more so I have the ability to do more for branding. There are so many YouTube tutorials out there, and I’m paying for the Cloud for school anyways, so I might as well take advantage of it.
- Learn how to cook! I used to hate cooking, but now I find it so relaxing. I’m obsessed with curries, so 99% of the time that I’m in the kitchen, there are a million spices out and lots of yummy sauces.
- Enjoy myself. Although I am looking forward to accomplishing a lot this summer, the biggest thing is that this is a break for me. I want to spend time with family and friends and get lots and lots of sun time.
I hope this inspired you to set some goals for yourself this summer, and gave you some ideas to get started! Subscribe below for notifications of new content. 🙂
Widget not in any sidebars