Lately, it feels like my days have been looking a lot like this:
Wake up. Class. Work. Class. Bus. Workout. Internship. Homework. Shower. Sleep.
I knew that when I signed up for a full schedule of courses, a job, an internship, and running this blog and my business, life would get a little (LOT) crazy.
When things start feeling repetitive, taking some time for myself before I go to bed is super important for my sanity. I’m really prone to burnout, so it’s important to me that I do everything I can to prevent it. There are a couple things I tend to do to reset after a long day, & I thought I would share!
** I tried finding links for all the items I’m wearing, but anything similar was $50+. I snagged both the sleep mask and night shirt from TJ Maxx, so that’s probably your best bet! **
- Reading a Book. Superrr cliche, I know. However, swapping out your screen for a non-lit page has been linked to more restful sleep!
- Running my oil diffuser. I just picked up these new essential oils from TJ Maxx, and I’m obsessed! They scents are so calming & perfect for the incoming spring weather.
- Along the same lines, lighting a candle. This Rose Water & Ivy candle from Bath and Body Works will always be my staple. Diffused light, i.e. candle, is the ultimate hygge-inducing (“wtf is ‘hygge??'”…learn about it here!) element out there.
- Drawing/doing something creative for myself. This is more for the “avoiding burnout” aspect of this post. When I’m working on things that I have to get done for other people all day, it’s nice to just doodle or create something simply for the sake of creating it.
- Writing out a to-do list. I feel like this is such a nerdy thing to add to this list, but I genuinely feel better when I have everything ready to go for the next day. It takes a bit of the pressure off for the next morning and stops the “to-do” thoughts from bouncing around in my head.
- Some people like to drink tea or warm milk, but I just like a big huge glass of ice water! Of course, it depends on who you are, but just having something to sip on while reading and relaxing is the perfect add-on.
- Washing my face. Are you sick of me putting in a plug for this little product yet? (Not sponsored, btw!) While my face isn’t perfect, I’ve seen a noticeable difference in the overall smoothness and amount of blemishes I get from using this! Plus, wiping off the day and getting ready for bed is relaxing in itself.
& that’s all I’ve got for today!